[Xorp-users] Configure in xorpsh

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at ICSI.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Jul 21 11:21:11 PDT 2008

Dirk H. Schulz <dirk.schulz at kinzesberg.de> wrote:

> Hi Bruce,
>
> --On 20. Juli 2008 17:48:32 +0100 Bruce M Simpson <bms at incunabulum.net>
> wrote:
>
> > Dirk H. Schulz wrote:
> >> Hi folks,
> >>
> >> according to documentation it should suffice to put a user into the
> >> "xorp"  group to enable him/her to use configure in xorpsh.
> >>
> >> I have tried that with root and an underprivileged user, but in both
> >> cases  xorpsh rebukes: "ERROR: You do not have permission for this
> >> operation."
> >>
> >> What else do I have to do to enable a user to use configure?
> >>

> > Quick questions:
> > Which OS?
>
> Centos 5.2, xorp is from dag wieers rpm
>
> > Did you restart the router manager after adding the user(s) to group xorp?
>
> No. I will test that.
>
> > Did you logout and run xorpsh from new shell sessions after adding the
> > user(s) to group xorp?
>
> I logged into xorpsh after adding the users. I am the only one to use
> xorpsh.
>
> Now I have restarted the xorp router manager, and I cannot login into
> xorpsh any more. This is what I get:
>
> Waiting for xorp_rtrmgr...
> [ 2008/07/20 19:12:04  ERROR xorpsh:8906 RTRMGR +90 xorpsh_main.cc
> wait_for_xrl_router_ready ] XrlRouter failed.  No Finder?
> [ 2008/07/20 19:12:04  ERROR xorpsh:8906 RTRMGR +897 xorpsh_main.cc main ]
> xorpsh exiting due to an init error: Failed to connect to the router manager

Are you restarting the rtrmgr using the startup rc scripts that come
with the RPM?
You might want to double-check that the restart worked and the
rtrmgr process is actually running after the restart.
For simplicity of debugging, you might want to consider starting the
rtrmgr by hand: /path/to/rtrmgr -b /path/to/config.boot

Pavlin