[Xorp-users] Basic Xorp Test Setup

Robert Appleton appletrp at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 07:26:22 PDT 2009

I'm trying to get a basic test setup to work (I had it working before
but now I am trying to move it into a vm that plays in VMWare Player).
Currently I have the router in a Fedora 10 VM (Running with VMWare
Player) running on Windows 2003. I have the computer running xorp on
one computer and two others attached with a switch. When I try to ping
the two other computers to each other I get the result:
Reply from 192.168._._: Destination host unreachable.

Computer Setup:

Computer 1:
IP  192.168.1.110
Gateway 192.168.1.1

Computer 2:
IP 192.168.2.120
Gateway 192.168.2.1

Xorp Computer:
Is configured for address
192.168.1.1   -and-
192.168.2.1

When I ping Laptop 1 OR 2 to 192.168.1.1 I get a Reply
When I ping Laptop 1 OR 2 to 192.168.2.1 I get a Reply

Below I pasted by config file. Any help is appreciated

interfaces {

    interface "eth1" {
              disable: false
    vif "eth1"{
    disable: false
                      address 192.168.1.1 {
                                                          prefix-length: 24
                                                          broadcast:
192.168.1.255
                                                          disable: false
                                                        }
                      address 192.168.2.1 {
                                                          prefix-length: 24
                                                          broadcast:
192.168.1.255
                                                          disable: false
                                                        }
                      }

            }
}

fea {
    unicast-forwarding4 {
          disable: false
    }
}

protocols {
    static {
       disable: false
          route 192.168.2.1/24 {
              next-hop: 192.168.2.120
          }

          route 192.168.1.1/24 {
              next-hop: 192.168.1.110
          }
    }
}

Let me know if any clarification is needed. Thanks

- Robert Appleton