[Xorp-users] Route syncronization

Jaime Nebrera jnebrera at eneotecnologia.com
Fri Dec 11 02:38:24 PST 2009

  Hi Bruce,

> It sounds to me like you've sort of already answered your own question
> (VRRP) ?

  Maybe I didnt explain myself properly.

  Yes, VRRP warrants we will be able to move a "virtual" IP around in
case of failure, but to my understanding, the secondary node has been
"blind" with respect to route management all the time.

  When the primary goes down the backup takes its IP but has to "learn"
and process all the routes. While doing that, traffic could be lost.

  My questioning was if there is any way to syncronize routing tables
between the active and the passive node in such a way that when the
passive goes live it already knows all if not all the routing
information and work immediately.

  That was my question :)

Jaime Nebrera - jnebrera at eneotecnologia.com
Consultor TI - ENEO Tecnologia SL