[Xorp-users] Call for feedback/volunteers: Build system, platform tier support.

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Tue Jul 14 07:32:38 PDT 2009

Jaime Nebrera wrote:
>   Hi Bruce,
>

>> At the moment, my 'core distro' list boils down to:-
>>  * Ubuntu 9.04 / Linux
>>  * Fedora 10 / Linux
>>  * FreeBSD 7.2/8.0
>>  * OpenSolaris 2009.06  [2]
>>

>   Just a humble opinion. Both Linux distributions could be considered a
> bit "over the edge". It might be feasible to consider RHEL or CentOS for
> those that like more calm life :)

I'll be using current Fedora releases, so even if core xorp is on older
releases, I can
get some test coverage and compile fixes etc for modern releases.  It
shouldn't be
hard to get xorp to compile/run on lots of different linux-es.

For that matter, our target platforms are currently:  Fedora Core 5
(with updated kernel headers),
FC8 and F11.  I also run the image I compile on FC8 on Ubuntu 9.04 (with
a few library soft-links,
it seems to work fine).