[Xorp-users] [Not] Advertising Routes to BGP

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Thu Jul 23 06:49:31 PDT 2009

Hi there,

Sorry for the long delay in responding to your message.

Tafi Makamure wrote:
> Dear fellow xorp_users
>
> We are trying to move to xorp as a routing platform.  We have two public subnets we want to advertise.  We currently bring up connections with our peers and accept routes from them, but we do not advertise our connected routes.  Instead we advertise routes learned from other peers!

It looks like term 90 in your export policy is doing this. I see your AS
path prepend, but this term is effectively going to redistribute all
routes known to BGP. What happens if you remove this term in test?

term 100 looks as though it should redistribute the connected routes you
wish to redistribute.

thanks
BMS