[Xorp-users] How to debug xorp_fea ?

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Fri Jun 19 14:18:32 PDT 2009

Hi,

I posted a script on this list a few weeks ago which should help, should
be in the archives.

Tom Gibson wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was hoping someone could lend advice on how to go about figuring out
> what’s going wrong inside xorp_fea. I’m getting pretty tired trying to
> hack my way through a setup to debug it. For some reason when I try to
> use Click, things hang somewhere, but I don’t know where. If I try and
> use ddd / gdb on xorp_fea, xorp_rtrmgr kills it before I can figure
> things out.

The key thing is to attach GDB on the FEA, set the breakpoint/catchpoint
you need, and immediately continue, as there are keepalive timers which
the Router Manager will use to determine if the FEA has died or not.

cheers
BMS