[Xorp-users] How to implement NAT on xorp

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Thu May 7 09:31:34 PDT 2009

naresh raga wrote:
> hello Bruce,
> What I mean is that  the configuration file enough to send a packet
> coming from my laptop(address 172.16.0.3 say) will go out  from eth2
> to internet with an address of 10.64.25.77 or not?

Both are RFC 1918 addresses.
There shouldn't be a problem reaching RFC 1918 prefixes inside your own
network(s) if you route them.

There should be a 'connected' route for the prefix your laptop is on, as
specified in your config file.

Does the laptop have a default route pointing to the XORP router?

If you are trying to reach the Internet generally, you will have to set
up NAT externally from XORP on the machine you're running it on as
described in previous reply.

thanks,
BMS