[Xorp-users] running xorp_rtrmgr

J.T. Conklin jtc at acorntoolworks.com
Mon Sep 7 09:49:00 PDT 2009

victor omwando <vommwa at yahoo.com> writes:
> Is there a way to update the documentation available on the XORP
> website? I found that the xorp_rtrmgr manpage describes the use of
> the -d switch, but just in general, I feel some changes to the pdf
> are forthcoming, especially to improve it in terms of clarity in
> some areas. Thanks.

Hi Victor,

The documentation is treated as if it was source code, and patches to
it can be submitted in just the same way as patches to the routing
code itself.  The "source code" for the documentation used to be in
the same module as the rest of the XORP source, but in the new SVN
repo it has been moved to it's own repo.

With the move to SF, there is also the Trac wiki.  It currently has
the default contents, but I believe this is a good place for community
members to contribute.  A Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page
immediately comes to mind.  Organization and content doesn't have to
be perfect up front.  In my experience, proper organization doesn't
become apparent until there is sufficent content.

    --jtc

--
J.T. Conklin