[Xorp-users] running xorp_rtrmgr

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Wed Sep 9 08:38:24 PDT 2009

Victor,

Thanks for confirming the daemonization issue appears to be gone.

Currently the LiveUSB build of XORP has not been modified to take
advantage of the daemonization and syslog features; it was developed
before daemon mode was fully introduced, so it polls the Router
Manager's log files for startup (lame, I know, but there was really no
other way to deliver by the specific deadline involved).

victor omwando wrote:

> Oh, sorry I meant config.boot. After downloading the latest sourcee
> from the repo and corss-compiling it, rerun rtrmgr and the problem did
> not show up. I was using an old version of xorp-1.6 that I obtained
> from the website a few months back and did not really work with.

You are cross-compiling the SVN code? If you have modified the SCons
files to handle cross-compilation, it would be great to see patches as
it would help others in this forum.

If you can think of better wording for documentation, please do send us
a patch and we'll check it in.

thanks again,
BMS