[Xorp-users] HAVE_IPV6_MULTICAST never defined in XORP-1.7 on LINUX

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Thu Sep 24 13:25:58 PDT 2009

XORP at sipxx.com wrote:
> When compiling XORP 1.7 on linux the scons system never defines
> HAVE_IPV6_MULTICAST despite the system supporting it and XORP-1.6
> distribution configuring it correctly. This causes OSPFv3 to be inoperable.
> When HAVE_IPV6_MULTICAST definition is added manually to xorp_config.h
> and the code rebuilt, OSPFv3 seems to work at least as well as on XORP-1.6.
> -Karl

Thanks for the feedback. As you have probably noticed, we've changed
build systems, so issues like this are not unexpected.

To make sure that this issue doesn't fall through the cracks for a
1.7-RC, can you please raise a bug report on XORP's Trac at SourceForge?
You will need to create a SourceForge account to do this:-
    http://bugzilla.xorp.org/

It would be helpful if you could attach the config.log and xorp_config.h
files from the obj/<your-target-here>/ directory.

Are you able to send us a patch for the IPv6 feature tests in
site_scons/config/allconfig.py ? If so we can check it in, provided it
doesn't break the non-Linux case.

There is a bug fix against OSPFv3 for the injection of default routes in
a non-stub area in SVN.

regards,
BMS