[Xorp-users] "Reloading" config

Jeff Mitchell jmitchell at ll.mit.edu
Mon Aug 16 07:33:49 PDT 2010

Hi there,

AFAIK there is no option from outside xorpsh to write out a XORP config
file and read it into a running XORP instance.

However, if I write out a XORP config file and then use something like
Expect to enter xorpsh and run the "load" command, followed by "commit",
will this effectively perform such a "reload"?

What limitations might I run into? For instance, if the configuration I
am replacing the running configuration with is fairly different in terms
of either running protocols, parameters to those protocols, or both?

Thanks,
Jeff