[Xorp-users] RIP standard configuration problem

Stevan Grbić 05/0486 gs050486d at student.etf.rs
Mon Feb 15 14:51:25 PST 2010

Hi to all,

I'm having very basic problem with standard rip configuration, i.e. I have
used configuration form this post
http://mailman.icsi.berkeley.edu/pipermail/xorp-users/2007-March/001724.html
anyhow I can't ping lo0 form another router, i.e. routers aren't
exchanging routes over rip. I'm using LiveCD 1.6 running on Sun's
VirtualBox 3.14, with bridged adapters. I tried to test rip with two PC
also with live cds and same configuration but again  I hadn't route to host
(when tried to ping lo0 form another router). In both cases I can ping le0
from another router and rip status is enabled for each router's
interface(lo0 and le0). In rip statistics first three rows are non zero for
both routers..

Thanks a lot!

p.s. If someone who is also using Sun's VirtualBox can point me which
network adapters is using..?