[Xorp-users] Interfaces must be connected to a switch all the time to run xorp?

saurabh saurabh.pandya at elitecore.com
Sun Mar 7 22:44:49 PST 2010

Hey all,

I have used eth2 and eth3 on my fedora machine.

I observed that, I can start the xorp router mgt service, successfully only
when all interfaces configured  physically

plugged in to the switch.

If I plugged out the eth2 physically, service xorp "Dies", by showing below
kind errors

            "Configruation failed: 102 Command failed Cannot start vif eth2:
underlying vif is not UP"

I know I have not plugged in eth2 when I start this service, But (like other
software) I also don't let my xorp

Service to die when there is no cable plugged in to the switch. Showing some
warning would be fine.

It is would be very great if detects and works normal on plugging of eth2
interface.

Can I override such undesirable default behavior?  by some "configuration
options" or "workarounds".

Thanks...

SSP