[Xorp-users] Loading previous config file

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Thu Mar 25 11:24:13 PDT 2010

On 03/25/2010 01:23 AM, Ram wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>   I have couple of questions.
>
> 1.If i changed the configuration by entering into configure mode by
> using SET and DELETE commands, In which file these changes save after
> commit command?
>      In case if i need to restart rtrmgr, Can i point rtrmgr to load
> that changed file?

Looks like you can do 'configure' from within xorpsh and
then do 'save foo.conf'.

> 2.  How can use -v (verbose) option for "./xorpsh" and "./xorp_rtrmgr"
> commands?
>     I tried "./xorpsh -v". Nothing got different in output from ./xorpsh
> command.

I have lots of output in 'xorpsh -v' on my system.

If it can't connect to the rtrmgr, it probably won't print anything
out though.

Please compare the environment variables.  Maybe you are setting
the XORP_FINDER_SERVER_PORT differently?

You can try strace to see if it's attempting to open the socket with the
same port on the instance that works and the one that doesn't.