[Xorp-users] OSPF: ASExt-2 entry in database, but not in routing table

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Wed Oct 6 11:06:59 PDT 2010

On 10/06/2010 10:06 AM, V K wrote:

>> What version of xorp are you using?  What OS/kernel
>> version?
>
> The Linux OS is 2.6.25-14.fc9.i686
> The xorp version is from xorp.org 1.6 (1/07/2009)
> This is probably quite old. I was not aware of xorp.ct
>
>> If not latest xorp.ct, please
>> give it a try, and let us know if you still see the
>> problem.
>
> I will do this next. I am downloading xorp-1.8.2-CT and will see how that responds.

If you plan on doing development, you might consider checking the source
out with 'git':

git clone git://github.com/greearb/xorp.ct.git

Patches are welcome should you make any source code changes.

>> The truth is, I'm buried in other work at the moment, so
>> I don't have much time to debug this either way.
>> But,
>> you might investigate whether you need a policy or not
>> for this behaviour.
>
> I followed instructions in the old post here (http://mailman.icsi.berkeley.edu/pipermail/xorp-users/2006-April/001185.html), and it seems to do what it was intended to do. However, what I am trying is something different. I want to take routes from _NON_OSPF_ (and _NON_XORP_) interfaces and redistribute them using the xorp/ospf processes. I don't want to run ospf on those interfaces
>
> Another option could be to have xorp be aware of those interfaces, but not run ospf on them and follow the patch above to see if that works. I will try that on xorp1.6 and see if it is of any help

That patch is already in xorp.ct, by the way.

In your scenario, the routes that you want you distribute are properly added to the kernel, but just on
interfaces that OSPF is not configured to use, so OSPF will not export them?