[Xorp-users] Command line configuration for RIP

Pierre Lepropre pierre.lepropre at student.ulg.ac.be
Fri Aug 5 03:16:58 PDT 2011

Dear Sir or Madam,

You have to understand that the XORP project came back alive a few
months from now, almost all thanks to Ben Greear.

The manual (or documentation) project was restarted a few months ago at
the beginning of my own master thesis (which is about to end).

Its goal was *not* to put online an accurate and comprehensive
documentation. Indeed, the main objective was and still is, to make
readily the platform available to the biggest audience, with reading AND
writing permissions.

Indeed, a simple registration, which will only take a few minutes of
your time will grant you automatically both of these user rights.

We know there is a lot of stuff which is totally inaccurate and
completely outdated. Seriously, you have no idea in what shape we got
this documentation and how much work was put into it just to make it
available as it is right now.

My point is: as you're going through the "beginners steps" you're gonna
encounter a lot a discrepancies with the documentation. Registering
yourself and helping us with your personal input directly will not only
help you and us, but everybody around. And it won't take any extra time
for you just to fix these typos or anything like it.

I still believe that most of it is a good basis to lead you on the right
path but don't expect to get too many directions out of it.

Best Regards,

Pierre Lepropre.