[Xorp-users] VLAN Interfaces

Joe Coco jcoco at meccorp.mec.edu
Mon Feb 14 16:29:17 PST 2011

Hi Ben,

> Ok.  I'm pretty sure we'll never support VLANs as sub-interfaces of real interfaces
> properly (at least if I'm writing the code), but we could probably make one able to create
> a proper interface that is a VLAN through the xorp config file (and/or xorpsh)

> If you ever wanted to get clever and stack vlans, that might get interesting to implement
> though...

There is nothing essentially wrong with the vlanxxxx method, it just doesn't work either in xorp 1.8.2b.

Unless I'm mistaken. I tried it that way, then tried making it work with the dev.vid method.

Worst case scenario, I can hack it to work the way I was trying I just was hoping to get something
usable for the community in general, not just me.

-- Joe