[Xorp-users] Help Needed in PIM-Join Messages !!

Vunnava Kesava Srinivas-B32946 B32946 at freescale.com
Mon Feb 28 08:10:19 PST 2011

Hi Guys,
I have a requirement to bring up Multicast Routing [IPv4 Network] with pimsm4. The Topology that I am trying to configure is ;
"Multicast Sender <--------->RP<------------->DSR<-------------->Multicast Listener". I have connected everything Point- Point. So., No need to worry about routes.

I am seeing that Listener is sending IGMPv3 Join reports to the DSR. But even though pim-sm is running on DSR; it is NOT sending PIM-Join Messages to the RP. I have configured staticrp in the DSR & and the connectivity between the RP & DSP is Fine. I have attached the configuration file of both the RP & DSR. Please let me know what configuration am I missing !!!

Few Doubts:
1] Also another question is., If I am enabling IGMP on both the interfaces of DSR & RP will that matter & effect PIM Routing ??
2] How Plumbing effects Multicast Routing.

-Thanks in Advance,
VKS.