[Bro-Dev] #340: Cleanup: unify where global consts are defined (access from policy layer and event engine)

Bro Tracker bro at tracker.icir.org
Sat Dec 11 12:29:44 PST 2010

#340: Cleanup: unify where global consts are defined (access from policy layer
and event engine)
-----------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  gregor           |      Owner:
     Type:  Feature Request  |     Status:  new
 {{{
 #!rst

 Global ``const``'s that are accessible from the policy layer and event
 engine (e.g., to configure features) are currently defined in different
 ways:

 1. in ``bro.init`` and ``NetVar.{cc|h}``
 2. in a specific .bro policy script and ``NetVar.{cc|h}``
 3. in ``const.bif``

 According to our discussion on bro-dev, we should change it to only use
 ``const.bif``.

 For case 2. we should add a ``redef`` in the .bro policy scripts, so that
 users looking at the script see that the const exists (TODO: how to best
 auto-doucment these).

 Setting milestone to 1.6 as it seems this can be done together with the
 general policy script overhaul, but can also be pushed backed.
 }}}

--
Ticket URL: <http://tracker.icir.org/bro/ticket/340>
Bro Tracker <http://tracker.icir.org/bro>