[Bro-Dev] #340: Cleanup: unify where global consts are defined (access from policy layer and event engine)

Bro Tracker bro at tracker.icir.org
Tue Dec 14 11:27:03 PST 2010

#340: Cleanup: unify where global consts are defined (access from policy layer
and event engine)
------------------------------+--------------------
  Reporter:  gregor           |      Owner:
      Type:  Feature Request  |     Status:  new
 Component:  Bro              |    Version:
Resolution:                   |   Keywords:
------------------------------+--------------------

Comment (by gregor):

 {{{
 #!rst

 In addition, the bif-language could be extended to allow declaration of
 new types, so that types don't have to be added to bro.init and NetVar "by
 hand". In particular, NetVar.h currently manually adds:
   * RecordTypes
   * TableTypes

 I think it might make sense to automate this.

 A nice, not too important side-effect:
 If we automate this, then it would also prevent users from modifying type
 definitions in bro.init that the event engine expects to be in a well
 defined form.

 }}}

--
Ticket URL: <http://tracker.icir.org/bro/ticket/340#comment:1>