[Bro-Dev] notice tags?

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Thu Jun 2 10:45:17 PDT 2011

On Jun 2, 2011, at 1:38 PM, Vern Paxson wrote:

>> Should there be a separate and built in way to generate unique ids?
>
> Nice thought.

If we had a random() BiF I think we could do it pretty easily in scripting land because we could just fmt() the output from the random() function and trim it to a certain length.  That gets us the on-demand determinism for testing and it's reusable for other things (if we ever need a random number generator again).