[Bro-Dev] Problems parallelizing btests

Slagell, Adam J slagell at illinois.edu
Thu Mar 1 07:26:50 PST 2012

On Feb 29, 2012, at 8:21 PM, Seth Hall wrote:

>> I'm wondering if we could randomize the ports being used in some
>>  form. But not sure how that would look like.
>
> How about we read in the port to use as an environment variable?  Btest could just set that before running each test (maybe we could limit it to only set it for communication tests?).

Do they really need to be random or just unique for each test? If the latter, maybe the port could be derived from the test names which themselves could be numbered.

------

Adam J. Slagell, CISO, CISSP
Chief Information Security Officer
www.slagell.info
217.244.8965

"Under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), any written communication to or from University employees regarding University business is a public record and may be subject to public disclosure."