[Bro-Dev] IPv6 literal addr constants

Siwek, Jonathan Luke jsiwek at illinois.edu
Tue Mar 13 10:09:43 PDT 2012

> That is a good point. I'm not fully sure but I believe it should be
> less of a problem than with the current syntax. Most of the other
> usages have some characters in there that aren't valid inside an
> address (or the other way round: the address' ':' and '::' aren't
> valid in them). But the trick is to define the lexer so that it picks
> the addresses but leaves the other ones alones ...

Yeah, I think the patterns for bracketed IPv6 literals are going to be specific enough to not be ambiguous with the other uses of brackets.

Sounds like enough people like that syntax so I I'll add it, but what to do with the old syntax for IPv6 literals?  Should it be removed at this time, deprecated until 2.2, or kept indefinitely?

+Jon