[Bro-Dev] Proposed IOSource reorg

Siwek, Jonathan Luke jsiwek at illinois.edu
Tue Dec 3 10:40:05 PST 2013

On Dec 3, 2013, at 12:07 PM, Robin Sommer <robin at icir.org> wrote:

> One piece where I'm unsure: would it be better to keep the remote
> serializer out if this and instead do a separate serializer/ hierarchy
> where all the current serialization/communication code goes?

Maybe best would be if the remote serializer code is refactored so the code that implements the IOSource interface lives in the iosource/ tree, while the code that implements Serializer interface lives in a separate serializer/ tree?

Though taking the reorg and plugin adaptation one step at a time would make sense to just stick it in iosource for now and then later consider what, if any, pieces to pull out and put in serializer/.