[Bro-Dev] can I send an opaque of bloomfilter over Cluster::manager2worker_event ?

Seth Hall seth at corelight.com
Mon May 1 12:24:13 PDT 2017

> On May 1, 2017, at 2:41 PM, Aashish Sharma <asharma at lbl.gov> wrote:
>

>>    const global_hash_seed: string = "" &redef;
>
> Yes, with setting of global_hash_seed, bloomfilter movement across workers is working fine and as expected, I see from initial tests.

Speaking of this, I think we still need to have broctl autogenerate a file with this configured to a random value when it starts up (if that file doesn't already exist).  That way everyones cluster will end up with a random value that stays consistent across restarts.

Seth Hall * Corelight, Inc * seth at corelight.com * www.corelight.com