[Bro-Dev] 'async' keyword

Siwek, Jon jsiwek at illinois.edu
Tue Sep 19 10:32:52 PDT 2017

> On Sep 19, 2017, at 11:39 AM, Robin Sommer <robin at icir.org> wrote:
>
> The exercise here is: Can you understand how "async" works? (If you
> can honestly answer "yes" in under 15 minutes, I buy you a beer. ;-)

A feat like that deserves a larger reward.

Understanding the new code also requires understanding the context in which it is implemented and I wonder if the later is more of a hurdle here.  Maybe it’s understandable for the exercise to take on the order of days/weeks for a person that’s not done much hacking/exploring of the bro internals?  Just trying to give a sane reference point so anyone taking the challenge isn't discouraged after only 15 mins :)