[Bro-Dev] Final Broker branch testing

Johanna Amann johanna at icir.org
Thu Apr 26 14:30:42 PDT 2018

On 26 Apr 2018, at 14:05, Jon Siwek wrote:

> On 4/26/18 2:04 PM, Johanna Amann wrote:
>
>> With this change, we Bro cannot be compiled out of the Box on
>> RedHat/Centos 7 anymore. Since that is the latest release of RedHat
>> and probably used in production by quite a few people a potentially
>> significant amount of people might not be able to (easily) compile
>> Bro with this merge.
>>
>> It aborts in configure, with:
>>
>> -- Performing Test cxx11_header_works - Success
>> CMake Error at aux/broker/CMakeLists.txt:4 (cmake_minimum_required):
>>    CMake 3.0.2 or higher is required.  You are running version
>> 2.8.12.2
>
> Is "use cmake3 from EPEL" an acceptable answer?
>
> The main reason for it (IIRC) is for embedding CAF as a CMake
> ExternalProject, which I was struggling to hack around with lack of
> features in CMake 2.8.

It might be. I am honestly not sure - I suspect that this still will
mean that some places might not be able to easily use Bro
anymore--adding external package sources does not seem to be a viable
option everywhere.

As a side-note, it also looks like that means that we cannot provide
binary packages for RedHat/CentOS anymore.

Johanna