[Bro-Dev] set and vector operators

Johanna Amann johanna at icir.org
Thu Apr 26 14:39:24 PDT 2018

On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 01:43:53PM -0700, Vern Paxson wrote:
> > A nice thing about "add" and "delete" for sets is that you can infer the
> > I do also notice that you had "s + e" in the proposal and not "v + e".
> > Isn't that weird by the same logic or is it just an accidental omission?
>
> This is because "v + e" already has a meaning: apply "+ e" to each element
> of v.  (Note though that "v += e" is not currently allowed.)

I was actually not aware of this - and if we keep this behavior I am a bit
opposed to add a few of the others. It especially feels weird to me if v +
e and v += e are operations that perform something completely different. I
also think it is a bad idea to have s + e and v + e perform completely
different operations.

Johanna