[Bro-Dev] Broker::publish API

Robin Sommer robin at corelight.com
Mon Jul 30 10:16:21 PDT 2018

On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 11:15 -0500, Jonathan Siwek wrote:

> I don't see why not, but it takes planning and prudence on everyone's
> part (including users) to not break that rule.

Yeah, question is we can pre-configure the cluster so that user's
don't need to worry about it most of the time.

> I'd be more comfortable if one could automate answering the question:
> "if I add a subscription to a given node in the network, will I create
> a cycle?".

Hmm ... What about a test mode where we'd spin up a dummy cluster
(similar to what the bests do), have each node send a message to all
subscribed topics, and watch for TTL violations?

Robin Sommer * Corelight, Inc. * robin at corelight.com * www.corelight.com