[Bro-Dev] Broker port status

Jon Siwek jsiwek at corelight.com
Thu Mar 8 12:51:40 PST 2018

On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 2:18 PM, Azoff, Justin S <jazoff at illinois.edu> wrote:

>> (1) &synchronized, &mergeable, &persistent.  Seems fine to deprecate these now.
>
> I'm fine with it going away, but there needs to be some sort of replacement for &synchronized,
> minimally a how-to for porting existing scripts to something else.

The answer is generally "use the new store API" to replace
&synchronized or &persistent.  It's difficult to give a canonical
porting strategy as it depends on how the data is being
accessed/modified, though you can find a preview of the how-to port
document at [1].  Links and stuff will get rendered more nicely when
it's live on bro.org.

- Jon

[1] https://github.com/bro/bro/blob/topic/actor-system/doc/frameworks/broker.rst