[Bro] error at the time of configure (bro 2.1)

keqhe at cs.wisc.edu keqhe at cs.wisc.edu
Sat Oct 6 08:49:32 PDT 2012

> Hi
> I gone through the Quick start guide (Bro-2.1).i have done these two
> things
> according to the quick start guide.
>
> 1.sudo apt-get install cmake make gcc g++ flex bison libpcap-dev
> libssl-dev python-dev swig zlib1g-dev libmagic-dev
> 2.sudo apt-get install libgeoip-dev sendmail
>
> but at the configuration time I am getting the error. I attached the file
> which generate after ./configure.
> What is the best way to resolve this problem. please suggest.
> --
> Best regards
>    Diwakar Kumar Dinkar
>    Project Fellow
>    IIT Patna
>    +91-7631740230

Hi, I once also encountered some problem in install, but the problem can
be solved if you look deeper at the error message. Most likely, your
operating system lack some packages: for example:
can not find LibMagic---sudo apt-get install libmagic-dev
can not find ZLIB--sudo apt-get install libz-dev
can not find BISON--sudo apt-get install bison
can not find FLEX--sudo apt-get install flex
can not find OpenSSL--sudo apt-get install libssl-dev
can not find SWIG--sudo apt-get install swig
can not find PathonDev--sudo apt-get install python-dev

Good luck