[Bro] error at the time of configure (bro 2.1)

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Tue Oct 9 09:27:25 PDT 2012

On Oct 8, 2012, at 10:49 AM, "Siwek, Jonathan Luke" <jsiwek at illinois.edu> wrote:

> You could try `./configure --with-pcap=/usr` to see if it picks up a usable version that was installed by your OS's package management system.  Failing that, you could try getting a recent version of libpcap source and building/installing that in /usr/local (or somewhere else as long as you use the --with-pcap option to Bro's ./configure script).

I ran into something recently where the little test program that FindPCAP.cmake uses doesn't link with pthread so if someone is using PF_Ring (which requires pthread at link time) the test program will fail.  I hadn't brought it up yet though because it doesn't always seem to fail and I'm not sure what the conditions for failure are yet.  Maybe we should have that cmake script link the test program with pthread in case someone is using PF_Ring?

Seth Hall
(Bro) because everyone has a network
http://www.bro-ids.org/