[Bro] Implementing broping.c in broscript

James Hook jamesfhook at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 13:31:24 PDT 2013

Hi,

I have loads of questions about communicating between bro instances. I have
been "playing" with some of the examples from the the Broccoli 1.93
download. I'm wondering if it's possible to implement the broping.c example
entirely within broscript.

I have successfully built and tested the broping example, which comprises
of C code connecting to a broscript listening on TCP port 47758. I have
been looking for examples of broscripts connecting to broscripts (or
listening broccoli applications)

I have tried adding to the connection::nodes table

redef Communication::nodes += {
["broping"] = [$host = 127.0.0.1, $events = /pong|ping/, $connect=T, $ssl=F]
};

as well as manually creating a connection in bro_init().  I haven't been
able to send the "ping" events from the bro script to broping.bro.

I guess i'm asking is whether it is possible (or even whether it is a good
idea) to implement broping.c in broscript.

Thanks in advance for any help

James