[Bro] Redux - source build on OpenBSD (5.3) and BIND libs

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Thu Sep 5 08:06:43 PDT 2013

On Sep 5, 2013, at 9:14 AM, Jean-Philippe Luiggi <jpl at didconcept.com> wrote:

> Speaking of "CFLAGS",  I had to use it because of the Ruby binding.
> I think  Broccoli wants to use "rubyio.h" which is in
> "/usr/local/include/ruby-1.9.1/ruby/backward/".
> This is the only reason I need to use this specific flag.

Yeah, that's probably because the ruby bindings are still stuck at 1.8.x support only.  I've never had the motivation to update them to a newer version of Ruby.  On the other hand, the ruby bindings aren't necessary for anything unless you happen to be using them in scripts you've written locally.  BroControl only uses the python bindings.

Seth Hall
(Bro) because everyone has a network
http://www.bro.org/