[Bro] information exchange between binpac and analyzer

Vlad Grigorescu vladg at cmu.edu
Tue Apr 15 06:10:54 PDT 2014

I don't understand the question. BinPAC is a compiler. It takes one or more .pac files, and compiles them to a .cc and .h file. Those then get compiled with the rest of Bro.

You can look at these .cc and .h files when you build Bro - build/src/analyzer/protocol/ssl/ssl_pac.cc, for example. Data structures will be in those files.

Have you seen the documentation?

http://www.icir.org/vern/papers/binpac.IMC06.pdf
https://www.bro.org/download/README.binpac.html
http://www.bro.org/development/howtos/binpac-sample-analyzer.html

Let us know if you have a specific question.

  --Vlad