[Bro] Bro on CentOS 7

Drake Aronhalt drakearonhalt at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 07:57:52 PDT 2015

Has anyone had any issues running bro on CentOS 7.1? It crashes the entire
system every time I run 'broctl start'. I've configured with and without
pfring as well as with and without c++11 support. The kernel I'm using is
3.10.0-229.11.1.el7.x86_64 (I've also tried to the previous kernel). The
NIC is an intel I350 NIC with the stock driver, although I tried updating
the driver to the current intel driver with the same results.

I think this is a kernel issue (getting ready to file a bug there) I just
wanted to make sure someone in the community didn't have a solution for
this already.

Thanks.
Drake