[Bro] DHCP Analyzer question/issue

Tim Brennan timbr.data at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 08:05:02 PDT 2015

I am running Bro 2.4 as part of a recent security-onion installation.  I am
seeing very few entries in the dhcp.log files. In weird.log, I see tons of
entries similar to the below:

binpac exception: out_of_bound: DHCP_Message:file: 236 > 187
binpac exception: out_of_bound: DHCP_Message:giaddr: 28 > 14
binpac exception: out_of_bound: DHCP_Message:chaddr: 44 > 32
binpac exception: out_of_bound: DHCP_Message:sname: 108 > 73

Do I have an configuration issue?  Any ideas on what is going on or how to
troubleshoot?

Thanks,
Tim