[Bro] TCP options of a SYN packet

Thomas Tan thomastan81 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 07:41:54 PST 2015

Dear All,

I have checked out the TCPRS-plugin (
https://github.com/bro/bro-plugins/tree/master/tcprs/scripts/Bro/TCPRS).
Unfortunately, it does not do the job. It cannot get TCP options and the
order of the options down from a SYN packet. The TCP options of a SYN
packet I am concerning are described below.

# NOP option
# EOL option
# window scaling option, value nnn (or * or %nnn)
# maximum segment size option, value nnn (or * or %nnn)
# selective ACK OK
# timestamp
# timestamp with zero value
# unrecognized option number n.

Your kind help will be very much appreciated.

Best regards,

Thomas