[Bro] Monitoring of intra virtual machines network traffic on same physical host

Mike Dopheide dopheide at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 10:34:16 PDT 2015

Adding a little to this, we just started playing with running Bro on a VM
to monitor VM-to-VM traffic on a HP bladesystem running VMWare using the
port mirroring that Shane mentioned.   It's going well enough that I'm
considering deploying it on all the other bladesystems as well.

Actually, we're using it as a monitoring point for VM to non-VM traffic as
well since it sees everything coming in-out of the chassis as well.

-Dop

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 11:43 AM, Pradyumna Joshi <joshi.pradyumna at gmail.com