[Bro] SSLv3 Installation errors installingBro on Raspberry Pi 2 running Arch Linux

Damian Barlow damian.barlow at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 12:36:56 PDT 2016

Hi There.

Hope this is ok to ask this here...?

SSLv3 Installation errors installing bro on Raspberry Pi 2 running Arch
Linux

Versions:
Archlinux: 4.4.8-2-ARCH (latest 11:04:2016)
Bro: Both 2.4.1 and 2.3.2 tested
Broccoli: 1.97 packaged with Bro 2.4.1

When running the following order of install commands for Bro

./configure
make

*First Error: *Which I seem to get past
...but not sure if it contribute to the second error.
/home/bro/bro-2.3.2/src/ChunkedIO.cc:692:34: error: 'SSLv3_method' was not
declared in this scope.
*Workaround:*
Editing using nano the file ChunkedIO.cc, I am able to change the SSL
version from 3 to 23 and rerun make and it will continue past this section.

*Second Error:*
It then fails at
[ 95%] Linking C executable brohose
../src/libbroccoli.so.5.1.0: undefined reference to `SSLv3_method'
aux/broccoli/test/CMakeFiles/brohose.dir/build.make:98: recipe for target
'aux/broccoli/test/brohose' failed

This looks more like a compiled file than a script and if I edit it the
MAKE the process fails to read the file.

I do see at https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=804104 there
is a bug reported fixed:

Found in version broccoli/1.97-2

Fixed in version broccoli/1.97-3

I've found broccoli folder with 1.97-3 downloads for Ubuntu but not sue if
and how it can be incorporated to the MAKE process.

http://www10.frugalware.org/pub/linux/ftp.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/b/broccoli/

Looking for advice

Kind Regards

Damian Barlow