[Bro] About Bro Cluster Configuration

Vlad Grigorescu vladg at illinois.edu
Mon Feb 29 11:07:52 PST 2016

Yes, this should be fine. The standard architecture is meant to
provide load-balancing for monitoring points that are too large for a
single system to monitor (> 4-5 Gbps with modern, beefy hardware). As
long as each Bro worker is seeing both the upflow and downflow of each
connection it sees, the cluster doesn't care about which worker sees
which subset of the overall traffic.

  --Vlad