[Bro] AF_PACKET on Ubuntu 16.04

Michał Purzyński michalpurzynski1 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 15:51:47 PST 2017

Have you disabled hardware hash with ethtool? By default kernel will use the card hash which is asymmetric.

You can verify it with ethtool -k <card>

Look for rxhash - should be disabled.

https://github.com/pevma/SEPTun

Should show you how to prepare your system, you can ignore the core isolation and affinity for bro.