[Bro] An assist with Splunk addon

Joshua Buysse buysse at umn.edu
Thu May 17 09:50:26 PDT 2018

This looks like you’re sending “cooked” Splunk output to a TCP input, which is suitable for syslog data or similar (though I would recommend using an intermediate like syslog-ng and picking up the files rather than having splunkd receive syslog directly).

If you’re using the GUI, you want to add the input port from Settings -> Data -> Forwarding and Receiving and configure a port for receiving the cooked data there.

-J
--
Joshua Buysse
University of Minnesota - University Information Security

"On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
  -- Charles Babbage