[Zeek] Request for Feedback - Zeek Process Supervision Model

Samuel Oehlert soehlert at es.net
Tue Mar 19 13:06:31 PDT 2019

Personally, I think it would be poor design to rebuild host OS monitoring
inside the Zeek supervisor. I think that should be left up to the many
other projects specifically designed to monitor disk usage, etc. That being
said, exposing some metrics about Zeek the application layer sounds like it
would be a win. That being said, that might be outside the scope of a
supervisor as well.

Overall, I'm in agreement with what i'm reading in these responses as well
the design docs. I think this is much needed and I'm glad it is getting the
focus it deserves.

- Sam