[Zeek] tcmalloc large alloc

Rogers, Zach Zach.Rogers at oregonstate.edu
Wed Mar 27 10:58:10 PDT 2019

Thanks Seth, much appreciated!

--
Zach Rogers
Lead Security Analyst
Security and Network Monitoring
Oregon Research & Teaching Security Operations Center (ORTSOC)
Phone: 541.737.7723
GPG Fingerprint: ECC5 03A6 7E91 17C6 50C6 8FAC D6A0 8001 2869 BD52

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 10:57 AM -0700, "Seth Hall" <seth at corelight.com<mailto:seth at corelight.com>> wrote:

On 27 Mar 2019, at 11:54, Zander Work wrote:

> The first two showing ??:0 makes sense b/c those are memory addresses.
> It looks like the PE analyzer might be the culprit but I'm not sure.

Yep, I knew the first two would look like that.  It's ASLR being applied
to glibc function (which is fine and not what I was interested in
anyway).  It did end up showing what I expected it to.  I'll look around
a little bit and see if anything makes sense.

Thanks!

Seth Hall * Corelight, Inc * www.corelight.com