[Zeek] [Reminder] - Community Call - Friday 1 May 3pm ET (Amber Graner)

fatema bannatwala fatema.bannatwala at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 09:48:13 PDT 2020

Hi All!

Just a humble reminder, Zeek Package Contest is still on and great prizes
are up for winning!

A small back story, last year I was already thinking of a problem that I
wanted to solve with Zeek and it was getting procrastinated as it wasn't
high priority task that time, but when I saw ZPC'19 announced (and frankly
the prizes!) it kicked off the motivation to finish it and get submitted
for the consideration for the contest! *That was I think one of my quickest
Zeek packages that I wrote and deployed in production* ;-)

So, if you are already thinking/working towards a challenge to solve with
Zeek (this time the theme is focused on the C2 techniques), then it's the
time to take it up and finish it, and submit it towards ZPC'20!

Lastly, here's the details that Amber shared in her previous email
regarding ZPC'20:

* Zeek Package Contest (ZPC-2) (
https://zeek.org/2020/04/06/zeek-package-contest-zpc-2/)
   - Focus - The ZPC-2 contest will focus on the MITRE ATT&CK? Framework,
more specifically packages that help detect C2 Techniques.

   - Timeline -
     o Submission opens:                 April 6, 2020
     o Submission deadline:             May 15, 2020
     o Notification:                            June 1, 2020
     o Announcement of results:      June 15th, 2020

   - Launch Date - 6 April (See link above for more details.

*Zeek and you shall find!*

-Fatema