[Zeek] zeek erros with zbalance_ipc

Tim Thompson tim at tsqrd.net
Fri Feb 21 13:33:31 PST 2020

Version Info:
Zeek 3.2.0-dev.53
pfring-7.5.0-2838.x86_64

We currently utilize zbalance_ipc to load balance our traffic on our zeek
boxes.  I built a new box the other day, and now zeek refuses to work with
any interface that zbalance_ipc creates.  This works fine on all of our
existing boxes which are currently running Zeek 3.1.0-dev.292.

Example:
zbalance_ipc -i zc:eth1 -n 1 -m 1 -c 10 -g 1 -a (creates zc:10 at 0)

[root at server opt]# zeek -i zc:10 at 0
listening on zc:10 at 0

error: Failed to register fd 22 from PktSrc: Bad address
fatal error: Failed to register pktsrc fd with iosource_mgr

Has anyone ran into this issue?

Thanks,
Tim