[Zeek] Binary packages and 3.1

Johanna Amann johanna at corelight.com
Thu Mar 12 10:21:35 PDT 2020

Hello Everyone,

I have a few small updates on the migration of the binary packages to
3.1.

As announced in the last email, there is now a “zeek-lts” package.
This package will track the LTS releases of Zeek - and currently
contains Zeek 3.0.3.

As of today, the “zeek” package also is still on 3.0.3. Sometime
next week I will switch the zeek package over to 3.1.

If you want are using our current binary packages and want to remain on
the LTS release of zeek, the only thing you have to do is to perform a

“apt install zeek-lts” on debian-based systems, or a

“yum/dnf install zeek-lts --allowerasing”

This will install zeek-lts and remove the conflicting zeek package. The
install locations for zeek-lts and zeek are exactly the same
(/opt/zeek), so nothing else will change.

Please let me know if you encounter any problems,
  Johanna