[Xorp-users] problems with openssl

Bruno Alexandre D. da Costa / Grad. DSC becoxta at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 14:15:00 PDT 2006

Hi all

I'm trying to install XORP in a slackware but I get the follow message when
run ./configure script

checking for inttypes.h... no
checking for stdint.h... no
checking for unistd.h... no
checking openssl/md5.h usability... no
checking openssl/md5.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: openssl/md5.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: openssl/md5.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: openssl/md5.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
checking for openssl/md5.h... yes
checking for MD5_Init in -lcrypto... no
Could not find part of OpenSSL or one it's components in /usr
Use --with-openssl=DIR to specify OpenSSL installation root.

I guess openssl is installed because md5.h and libcrypto exists...

Thanks

Bruno Costa