[Xorp-users] IGMPv3 router implementations

Todd Hayton todd.hayton at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 11:11:06 PDT 2008

Hi there,

I've been investigating what router implementations exist for IGMPv3 and
came across XORP. I've browsed over the license terms for XORP but (since
I'm not a lawyer) I just wanted some clarification - from my reading it
sounds like XORP can be used in a commercial, closed source application - is
this correct?

Also, during my searching I was suprised not to find more existing
open-source implementations of the router side of IGMPv3 given that it
(IGMPv3) has been out for a number of years now. Other than XORP, the only
other one I've come across is this one:
http://www.loria.fr/~lahmadi/igmpv3-router.html. It seems like most of the
work has gone into implementing only the host portion of IGMPv3 on both
Linux and FreeBSD. Are there any other open-source implementations of the
router portion IGMPv3 out there?

Todd H